Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Marathon

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
North of Lake Superior


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


This is the place where Sam and I are crashing for the night.
Way too expensive, but since it's right off the highway, worth it for the rest stop.

The best thing is they have wireless internet..... And ....I can have the prayer room with me again. Yay !

Gas this far north is going for 1.16/9 per litre.

There is a restaurant next to the hotel . Such memories came rushing back as I was waiting for my sandwich. Our family made this drive east several times when the kids were small.
I remember a certain youngest son who is now 31 years old, who when he was 3 threw up on the carpet of that same restaurant, and it still looks like the same carpet, but likely has been changed since then.(but you never know for sure.)

I drove 13 hours today, won a free apple crisp at a Nipigon truck stop, and finally felt like I was making progress when driving the Thunder Bay by pass.

I am trying to let God's nature that rises in majestic splendor all around work it's magic on my soul. This had to be a conscious decision, sadly. I hate that stress can get me so focused inward.

I did see one little red fox walking merrily down the shoulder of the road, and later, two moose ! This is really the north country.

I stopped at a little place called 'The Beaver', a tourist place that sells native crafts, moccassins etc. There was music playing. "Oh the Glory of Your Presence". So that was a cool little 'God encounter' with the lady who was running the place. I think God is trying to tell me to relax.....ack ! I don't know how !

Anyway, all in all an o.k. day, once I got past the inital early morning fatigue . Tomorrow.....coffee!!!! even if I have to go into the bush later...

1 comment:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hi Nancy!
Just how amazing is this to be able to have step-by-step updates on your drive!
Thinking of you today!
Carol-Ann