Saturday, May 27, 2006

Sarah's Wedding

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A beautiful day for a wedding. My niece Sarah married her true love today. A lovely celebration of young love beginning the journey of life together.

The most touching moments for me. As Sarah and her father walked down the asile toward the waiting groom, Sarah became overwhelmed with emotion the closer she came to Mike. I was just as choked up as she was, well maybe not as much as Sarah, but she was trying to hold back her tears. What a lovely sight and heart felt emotion.

The next and best was as she was speaking her vows to Mike, she wept as she pledged her love to him. I watched as he held her hands, and encouraged her with little tender brushings of his fingers on her trembling hands.

Signals constantly passed between them and I wondered if they would even remember what the minister was saying, as their unspoken language seemed to me louder and more real than the actual words they were speaking.

I wish you joy beyond words Sarah and Mike. Your love blessed my life today.

No comments: